Geometry at UGA
Permanent faculty and their research interests
- Malcolm Adams Professor. Differential equations, mathematical physics, and global analysis.
- Jason Cantarella Professor. Geometric knot theory, particularly random knots.
- David Gay Professor. Smooth and symplectic topology of 4-manifolds and associated 3-dimensional issues. Also interested in mathematical illustration and outreach, heavily motivated by low-dimensional geometry and topology.
- Joe Fu Professor. Integral geometry.
- Saar Hersonsky Professor. Conformal geometry, geometric structures in low-dimensional topology, geometry of negatively curved spaces, image science.
- Gordana Matic Professor. 4- and 3-manifolds, contact topology, Heegaard Floer homology.
- Jennifer Royal Lecturer. Differential geometry.
- Michael Usher Professor. Symplectic and contact geometry and topology, Hamiltonian dynamics, Morse theory and persistence.
- Weiwei Wu Assistant Professor. Topological rigidity of symplectic and Lagrangian submanifolds, symplectomorphism groups, Lagangian Floer theory, homological mirror symmetry.
UGA Mathematics home page